Compose a New Message in Google Apps
Often, the first thing that you will want to do is compose an e-mail message.
- Click the Compose Mail link.
- If you have "Keyboard shortcuts on" enabled through your General settings, you can just hit the "C" key and a new message will pop up.
- You will be taken to the following view:
- The lower pane of the window is where you can type the message. The To: field is used to type in the e-mail address of the recipient. If the e-mail address is an address you used before or it is an address in your contacts list, you will be given an auto-fill option so you do not need to finish typing the address. The Subject: field is used to title your e-mail address.
- To attach a file click on the icon. Now, locate your file and then click the Open button to attach the file.
- Click Send once you have entered your message and all necessary information. The Save Now button will save a copy of your e-mail in your Drafts folder so you can send it at a future time. The Discard button will delete the message without sending the message draft.